How is the information collected about me shared?
Onify collects and responsibly uses the Email address, public name and avatar of its users. Below, we’ve listed how each of these used, so that you can see how your important information is handled. Email address - Your email address is only visible to Onify staff and we never display your email address to any registered business on the Onify app, our business partners or any third parties.
How is my email used?
Your email address is only visible to Onify staff and we never display your email address to any registered business on the Onify app, our business partners or any third parties. We will only ever contact you by email to send marketing updates that we think will interest you. This will include:
- Newsletters containing updates about Onify, new features, newly registered businesses and bespoke offers near you.
- Reminders of when you have an unused reward to redeem or are close to completing a business’s reward card.
- To check in with you when your account has been inactive for a prolonged period of time. Resolve any issues with your account and ask for feedback on how to improve our service.
You're free to opt-out of these emails at any time.
How do I adjust my marketing preferences?
Every email we send includes an option to set your email preferences and unsubscribe from our mailing list, should you wish to. You will always have the option to reply to any emails sent to you by the Onify team.
How we use mandatory emailing
Mandatory emails are used to provide information that is a necessary part of your Onify profile, such as links for resetting passwords, confirmations of your account and any other communications that require us to contact you.
How are my profile details used?
Your profile name, avatar and dates you’ve visited a business are the only the parts of your information that registered businesses can view. We only share your profile with a business once you've collected your first point with them. This means that if you decide to stop using Onify, the business will still be able to put a face to a name and continue and your loyalty to them will not be forgotten.
What info must I provide if I am a guest user?
Users registering for a guest account are not required to input any personal in order to register unless they wish to upgrade to a user account to begin redeeming rewards.
Why we store your information
We need to know and retain important information about you to provide the following services:
- Collect payment and manage payment accounts (business users only).
- To help us manage all accounts and provide users with new products, services that are important to them and support for user accounts.
- To understand your interests and make sure that you're only sent offers and updates that we feel you’ll enjoy.
- Protect against any cyber attacks, detect and prevent fraud and to ensure that our service and all accounts comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
All information we store is backed up. We remove old information every 6 months.
How we use your location
User location is a vital part of our efforts to provide the best possible experience for our users. Here’s how it’s used:
- To collect & store a users GPS location so that we can provide services such as self check-ins to businesses and the sending of push notifications.
- For ensuring that you’re only sent relevant offers and push notifications from nearby businesses.
- For storing historical data to help us to analyse Onify and produce new features for our users. This information is stored for a maximum of 5 years.
- To process user information and reward users when they visit a registered Onify business.
Location data is completely anonymous and is stored for statistical purposes only. This means that the location data we collect is stored separately from any other personal data that you provide. Location data cannot be viewed with registered Onify businesses or other users and is never shared by Onify. If my personal information is incorrect, how do I change it? Your public name and avatar can be changed in the Onify app, or by visiting your accounts personal dashboard at https://dashboard.onify.com/panel/profile
. If you’d ever like to update your email address, you can do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
and asking them to verify your new address.
Our preferable way to communicate with users and to deliver the rewards they've earned are push notifications. Each user is in full control of push notifications permissions - managed from mobile/tablet device - and can choose whether they’d like to receive them from businesses they’ve visited. Once a user has removed our app or disallowed push notifications there is no need for taking additional steps to opt out.
User flows are used to process data for key features on the Onify app. Examples of this include when a user collects a point,visitsa business, claims a reward or adds a business to ‘my places’. Here is an example of how a user flow works:
- A user collects a point at a business.
- The user's location is recorded and stored separately from their personal information.
- Location data is then processed to reward the user for their visit.
- The user's avatar, public name and the date of the recorded visit are then shared with the business that the user has visited No other personal information is ever shared with registered businesses.
No other personal information is ever shared with registered businesses.